Attention class of 2018, if you are going to use the COMMON APPLICATION to apply to colleges (UNC, NCSTATE, UNCW just to mention a few) here are the essays they want you to answer.
2017-2018 Common Application Essay Prompts
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story. [No change]
2. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience? [Revised]
3. Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome? [Revised]
4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution. [No change]
5. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others. [Revised]
6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more? [New]
7. Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design. [New]
As of 9/1/2016 all transcript requests must be made through the Randolph County Schools website.
Follow the link below to be directed to Randolph County Transcript Request page.
North Carolina has some of the best public and private colleges in the country. According to The USAToday College report our state offers everything from large to small colleges. Here are the top 10 colleges listed by this report.
(1) Duke University
(2) Wake Forest Univeristy
(3) Davidson College
(4) UNC Chapel Hill
(5) Elon University
(6) NC State
(7) UNC School of the Arts
(8) Meredith College
(9) Appalachian State University
(10) Salem College
There is some AWESOME information on their website about paying for college. The information is listed under the tab Plan Ahead. Great tips for all students in grades 9-12 and parents too!